Fire and Life Safety
The Fire and Life Safety Program provides information on the requirements of Uniform Statewide Building Code, Statewide Fire Prevention Code, OSHA, NFPA standards, and legal obligations of Virginia Tech.
This program contains policies and procedures that, when implemented and maintained, will satisfy the code and legal obligations of Virginia Tech, help satisfy insurance requirements, prevent loss of life, reduce injury and reduce property damage due to fire and other emergencies.
Fire and Life Safety Program Online ( doc | pdf )
View the Fire and Life Safety Program.
Higher Education Opportunity Act (P.L. 110-315) of 2008
Information on fire calls, fires on campus, and fire safety training, systems, policies and protocols can be found here.
Jeremy Williams, Fire & Life Safety Programs Manager
- Call 540.231.4207
- email: email@example.com
- Fire Prevention Planning
- Fire Life Safety Program (doc)
- Fire Life Safety Program (pdf)
- Flammable and Combustible Liquids
- Fire Drill Reporting Form (doc)
- Special Effects Permit Application (pdf)
- 8/13 Portable Fire Extinguishers
- 9/10 Portable Fire Extinguishers
- 10/8 Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Flammable Liquid Safety Online
- Fire Prevention Planning Online
- Hot Work Permit Coordinator Online
- Fire Extinguisher Training Information
- How should flammable chemicals be handled?
- How do I perform a monthly inspection on portable fire extinguishers?
- Fire Prevention Plans Training Information
- What are contractor obligations?
- Is it a problem to store equipment or materials in hallways?