Fire and Life Safety
The Fire and Life Safety Program provides information on the requirements of Uniform Statewide Building Code, Statewide Fire Prevention Code, OSHA, NFPA standards, and legal obligations of Virginia Tech.
This program contains policies and procedures that, when implemented and maintained, will satisfy the code and legal obligations of Virginia Tech, help satisfy insurance requirements, prevent loss of life, reduce injury and reduce property damage due to fire and other emergencies.
Fire and Life Safety Program Online ( doc | pdf )
View the Fire and Life Safety Program.
Higher Education Opportunity Act (P.L. 110-315) of 2008
Information on fire calls, fires on campus, and fire safety training, systems, policies and protocols can be found here.
Last Revised: August 2016
Jeremy Williams, Fire & Life Safety Programs Manager
- Call 540.231.4207
- email: email@example.com
- Fire Prevention Planning
- Chemical Registration Info and Q&A
- Fire Life Safety Program (doc)
- Fire Life Safety Program (pdf)
- Flammable and Combustible Liquids
- Fire Drill Reporting Form (doc)
- How should flammable chemicals be handled?
- Is it a problem to store equipment or materials in hallways?
- Fire Extinguisher Training Information
- Where do I get an evacuation or emergency exit map for my area?
- What are contractor obligations?
- How do I perform a monthly inspection on portable fire extinguishers?