Fire and Life Safety
The Fire and Life Safety Program provides information on the requirements of Uniform Statewide Building Code, Statewide Fire Prevention Code, OSHA, NFPA standards, and legal obligations of Virginia Tech.
This program contains policies and procedures that, when implemented and maintained, will satisfy the code and legal obligations of Virginia Tech, help satisfy insurance requirements, prevent loss of life, reduce injury and reduce property damage due to fire and other emergencies.
Fire and Life Safety Program Online ( doc | pdf )
View the Fire and Life Safety Program.
Higher Education Opportunity Act (P.L. 110-315) of 2008
Information on fire calls, fires on campus, and fire safety training, systems, policies and protocols can be found here.
Jeremy Williams, Fire & Life Safety Programs Manager
- Call 540.231.4207
- email: email@example.com
- Fire Prevention Planning
- Fire Life Safety Program (doc)
- Fire Life Safety Program (pdf)
- Flammable and Combustible Liquids
- Fire Drill Reporting Form (doc)
- Chemical Registration Info and Q&A
- How should flammable chemicals be handled?
- Fire Extinguisher Training Information
- Is it a problem to store equipment or materials in hallways?
- How do I perform a monthly inspection on portable fire extinguishers?
- Where do I get an evacuation or emergency exit map for my area?
- What are contractor obligations?