Where do I get an evacuation or emergency exit map for my area?

Each university department or unit must develop an Emergency Action Plan (EAP) that outlines the actions occupants in the building must take during emergencies. Fire Evacuation Planning is a part of each department's EAP and must include, among other things, an emergency egress or escape route map of the area. These maps should be posted in stairways, by elevators, in long corridors, at exits, and/or in large assembly areas. For information in obtaining and posting maps, please contact the Fire Safety Engineer, Jeremy Williams 231-4207, or EHS main office at 231-3600.