Environmental, Health and Safety Services

What is best practice for discharging water pumped from construction and maintenance activities?

The Virginia Tech Site and Infrastructure Development (SID) Department offers erosion and sediment control guidance when dewatering or water pumping takes place on any Virginia Tech construction or maintenance activity.  Please consult SID prior to beginning any construction or maintenance activity where land-disturbance is involved.