Contractor Safety Program
This program provides a general overview of responsibilities for contractors conducting work on Virginia Tech properties.
The Contractor Safety Program provides information regarding the communication of Virginia Tech's Health and Safety Program to contractors performing building, facility or equipment related construction, repair, installation, renovation or maintenance on Tech properties, and defines expectations for contractors conducting work on campus.
Contractor Safety Program Online ( doc )
View the Contractor Safety Program.
Revision: July 2013
Robin McCall-Miller, Occ. Safety Engineer
- Call 540.231.2341
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contractor Safety Guide (doc)
- Confined Space Program Compliance Form
- Appendix A (doc)
- Airport Notification of Crane Activities
- Lab Access Form
- What should I do if OSHA shows up?
- Can VT be cited by OSHA?
- As a contractor, how will I know if there is asbestos or lead in the work area?
- What if a contractor is not complying with health and safety regulations?
- What if a contractor is working in my area and its creating dust, chemical odors or excessive noise?
- What if there is an accidental spill or release on a jobsite?