Return to Skip Menu
Chemical Waste Disposal Procedures
All hazardous waste must be disposed of through Environmental, Health and Safety Services according to the following procedures.
Container And Storage Requirements
- Chemicals must be placed in sealed containers that show no signs of leakage. Bottles with broken caps or stoppers will not be collected. Waste containers will not be returned to the generators unless arrangements have been made with this department prior to the pick-up.
- Containers should be full, but not overflowing. Only fill containers to about 2 - 3 inches below the cap, and for bulk containers supplied by EHS, use the markings as guidelines for filling.
- The Maximum Container Size is:
Liquids = 5 gallons, Solids = 50 pounds
Unknown Waste: Liquids = 1 gallon, Solids = 8 pounds.
- Waste must be stored according to chemical compatibility in proper storage cabinets.
- All chemical waste pickup requests must be submitted through the online pickup request system.