Environmental, Health and Safety Services

FAQ Directory 

Search FAQs


  How frequently should fire drills be conducted?
  How should flammable chemicals be handled?
  Is it a problem to store equipment or materials in hallways?
  What activities would I need a permit for?
  What are contractor obligations?
  What are EAPs?
  What are intentional false alarms?
  What are the posting requirements for general assembly areas?
  What are the requirements for using a power strip in my office?
  What are the roles in Fire & Life Safety Program?
  What is the Chemical Registration System?
  What is the university smoking policy?
  What is university's storage policy?
  What's the limit for posters or pictures on walls?
  What's the policy for decorations?
  Where do I get an evacuation or emergency exit map for my area?
  Where should emergency egress signs be posted?
First Aid/CPR/AED
  Black Widow Spiders
  First Aid Training Information
  How can my department get an AED?
  How do I get an AED in my department?
  What must be reported to OSHA?
  Where is the Employer's Accident Report?
Flagger Certification
  Do VT personnel flagging traffic have to be certified by VDOT?
  How do I get certified to flag traffic?
  VDOT Flagger Certification Training Information
  Vehicle Safety Training Information
  What job duties have age restrictions?
General Training
  OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Outreach Course Training Information
  OSHA Construction Outreach Course Training Information
  What should I do if I need to go onto a construction site?
Hazard Communication Program
     First Prev   5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 of 16  Next Last